Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Andalusian Reach :


The Andalusian reach is one of the few “Success Stories” of the ancient UN Office of Colonial Affairs. UNOCA took all transportees, involuntary deportees, voluntary colonists, and grouped them by language. In this area a large percentage of all colonists were Spanish speakers.
When the Homeworld War broke out, Carlists under King Carlos IX created the interstellar Empire of New Spain. This empire ruled the Andalusian Reach for 278 years.

Civil war and economic collapse caused the end of the Empire of New Spain. Currently the various Viceroys of the Andalusian Reach chart their own courses as they jockey for position and power within the reach.

 I used a couple of tools I found online.  First, I went to http://zho.berka.com/stuff/generators/random-subsector-generator/   and generated an entire LBB Traveler RPG Sector.  I don't like the random names that it came up with, but I've been (slowly...) going thru and changing the names to ones I like.

I then went to http://travellermap.com/make/poster and fiddled until I got the map to look the way I wanted it to.

Here's the Sector Map as it stands today...



Please click on the map to Embiggen it.  I've divided the area into eight Vice-Royalties of the Empire.  Each one will have it's own flavor.

So far I've been working on the first Vice Royalty.  The Vice Royalty of Aragon has some interesting stuff going on so far.

I also am working on some Economic stuff.  I've got some crazy idea that I want to use this as a sandbox for LBB High Guard/Trillion Credit Squadron, so I want to know what kind of naval production the various areas can crank out.

I also want to do some Striker / Striker 2 stuff here.  Possibly working up a couple of scenarios, and seeing what a couple of different armies at different tech levels would look like.

We'll see how this develops!

No comments:

Post a Comment